LalBrew® Verdant IPA
LalBrew® Verdant IPA was specially selected in collaboration with Verdant Brewing Co. (UK) for its ability to produce a variety of hop-forward and malty beers. Prominent notes of apricot and undertones of tropical fruit and citrus merge seamlessly with hop aromas. With medium-high attenuation, LalBrew® Verdant IPA leaves a soft and balanced malt profile with slightly more body than a typical American IPA yeast strain. This highly versatile strain is well suited for a variety of beer styles including NEIPA, English IPA, American Pale, English Bitter, Sweet Stout and Sours.
- Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
- Percent solids 93% – 96%
- Viability ≥ 5 x 10 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Diastaticus Undetectable
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Verdant IPA yeast exhibits:
- Fermentation that can be completed in 5 days.
- Medium to high attenuation and moderate flocculation.
- Aroma and flavor is dominated by apricot with notes of tropical fruit and balanced malt character.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® Verdant IPA yeast when producing traditional styles is 18°C (64°F) to 23°C (73°F).