LalBrew Farmhouse is a non-diastatic hybrid that has been selected to make saison-style
and farmhouse style beers. This product is the result of the research and development
work of Renaissance Yeast in Vancouver BC, Canada. LalBrew Farmhouse was selected
using the most advanced breeding techniques. The Renaissance research team used
classical and non-GMO methods to remove the STA1 gene, responsible for the diastatic
activity of Saison yeasts. Care was taken to retain normal brewing sugar utilization to
produce dry saisons. Additionally, the patented technology from University of California
Davis (USA) ensures that the strain will not produce sulfurous o-avors, therefore
enhancing the saison yeast aroma characteristics.
- Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
- Percent solids 93% – 96%
- Viability ≥ 5 x 10 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Diastaticus Undetectable
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® Verdant IPA yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 5 days.
- High Attenuation and Low Flocculation.
- Note: Contrary to traditional saison strains, LalBrew FarmhouseTM lacks the presence of the STA-1 gene, therefore dextrins will not be metabolized and there is no risk of over
attenuation and over carbonation after packaging.